What if my tree has a Tree Preservation Order on it or I live in a Conservation Area?
How can I tell if my tree is hazardous?
Some common defects associated with trees are:
• Cavities or decayed wood along the trunk or in major branches
• Electrical line adjacent to tree
• Recent construction in the area
• Adjacent or nearby trees fallen over or dead
• Mushrooms/fungal brackets present at the base of the tree
• Cracks or splits in the trunk or at the union where branches attach
• Trunk developing a strong lean
• Roots broken off, injured or damaged